It was...Like a Jam
You know...That kind of white stuff
Jam covered with snow...

Monday, February 1, 2010

A wild sheep case



I think it has been a pretty long time since I wrote my last book review. Sorry for that

Todays' book is one of the most unusual and unique I've ever read. It's called "A Wild Sheep Case" by Haruki Murakami.
I've bought it quite long ago, when my ex-boyfriend recommend it and finally I start reading. It took me one week because I was a little bit busy, but still it is finished :)

Well, I've got a double feeling about that book. First one is a feeling about the style it was written. You know, it's quite simple but at the same time strange and very very charming! Author tries to make it look sad but with a little piece of hope.
Second feeling that never left me alone was that something is chasing me..No, I'm not a paranoiac, but something mysterious was connected with that book.

To understand the main character better I advise you to read "Pinball 1973". Firstly, you will think that he is sad and depressive person, but at the end of the book he is becoming absolutely different. The whole story is connected with searching one unique sheep with the star on its back. He has got one month to find it and change his life. As it turned out, that sheep was connected with his old and close friend.

First part is very intriguing, middle is kind of boring and stable, but conclusion is so unexpected that I even got upset that it all ended so fast!

All in all, if you want to read something unusual and magical I strongly recommend you Haruki Murakami. Hope you won't regret

5 comments:

  1. thanks for the recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my eye on this author for a while! You have just convinced me to try one of his book,s thankyou!

    oh, and thankyou for your sweet comment on my blog

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog
    keep it up!!!
    thanks for sharing as always
    and thanks for your sweet comments, it means the world to me!

    -cma
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Murakami as well. You have to read one of his newest books called "Underground"...I read it over the holidays and couldn't put it down! Also, have you read Dance Dance Dance?
    www.thefashionseen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love-love-love Murakani! I've just finished After Dark. Brilliant. And I've just doscivered your blog!! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what do you feel..

Related Posts with Thumbnails